Choosing My Battles

I don’t know how weekday mornings go in other peoples homes,
 but I will suffice to say that ours is crazy.
Someone usually cries.
Someone usually vocalizes breakfast is “disgusting”
Someone spills something.
There is definitely yelling.
Someone usually has a mental breakdown…or two
And someone usually tries to walk out the door dressed like Miley Cyrus with Tina Turner hair.
 I am  sometimes the culprit of two of these above mentioned items.
Take your pick.
But something I have learned is when to pick my battles.
Tears can be dried.
Breakfast can be remedied.
Spills can be cleaned up.
Yelling, well it can be apologized for.
And Miley can be covered up a bit.
But lets just let that Tina hair rock it today.

I pick my battles.

And crazy hair usually wins.

Click this banner to vote for me!
Please and Thank You!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

——-o——-
Linking up with:
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Comments

Leesha I live by that theme…. ¨pick your battles¨!!! I see so many moms stressing about every little detail that they end up so exhausted in the process they can´t even enjoy their kids. So yeah… viva the Miley / TIna Look, if you child is smiling I bet she will look great!

What a true statement. After having it out a few times over clothing I think how silly that was. Does it really matter if her jeans had a hole in them? No. As long as she does put effort into getting ready and tries things should be golden. But it is hard to let go. Really hard for me at times.

Oh man, I’m sure you’ve seen it all! I remember when I used to drop my oldest off at school and I would walk her to class and the kids would run the gambit of appearances. Your comment made me laugh! Poor kiddo.

I vote for crazy hair over Miley any day, lol! Miley would be my battle of choice every time. Some things are worth fighting for, as you say. Sometimes it’s hard to know which battles are worth it. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas!

I know right? There is no way I would let my girls walk out the door half dressed! That makes me feel like such an old fart saying that, but it is what it is. *sigh*
      Merry Christmas to you too!

I wish I was more of a morning person. I’m sure thats a bit part of the problem here. I read blogs where moms say they wake up an hour before the kids to have ‘me’ time. I like my ‘me’ time in bed, sleeping. 🙂