Dads With Daughters

It’s no secret around here that my husband can be categorized as a man’s man.
You know the type.
Outdoors-man.
Sports Fanatic.
Drinks Beer.
And an endless soiree of man grunts, scratching, and dirt.
Oh, and Nerd.
….wait a minute…
So he fits most of the criteria.
So when these types of men have daughters….just daughters.
Three to be exact.
One may wonder, how is this going to work?
And he may also wonder in sheer panic,
‘How is this going to work?!’
So I’m here to tell you.
These men will now play Barbies.
They will paint nails like a boss.
They will learn to brush long hair and even put in clips.
They will teach their daughters how real men treat a lady.
They will listen to elementary gossip like it’s their job.
They will teach them how to shoot a bow and defend themselves.
They will watch Frozen.
They will sing songs from Frozen.
They will tuck their daughters in at night in pink rooms, with pink blankets.

They will teach them how to bugle in elk like a pro.

They will learn to navigate the pink toy isle at Target and know just want their girls would like.
They will learn to embrace princesses, Dora, and baby dolls.
They will learn to dry tears, mend broken hearts and be the rock every little girl needs.
They will do a lot of things they never imagined, and they will love it.
And when the time comes,
they may threaten, injure, or maim any other manly men who come around their girls.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)

Comments

Yes they will…my husband was the only boy in a family of 7 kids. That’s right…6 sisters. And now he is the father of 2 daughters. We never wanted to try for a boy for his sake because God knows what He’s doing when he creates families.

Isn’t is crazy how things work out sometimes? My husband is an only child, and the thought of raising girls seemed impossible to him, until it happened.

Oh this is beautiful.
    We have two boys and I didn’t think I could be a mum to two boys. I thought I was far too girly. But it works, and is perfect…well as perfect as it can be.

Oh I love this post Leesha. We have a 4 year old daughter and she’s such a Daddy’s girl. Daddy loves all manner of girly things as a result despite being the rugby, beer blokey bloke! Wonderful post, thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

I love the side I got to see after my husband and I had our girls. Such a different understanding of what love can really do to ya! Thanks so much for the compliment and taking the time to tweet my post! Happy New Year! 🙂

Yes my husband has learned to play dolls and paint nails with his daughters. We have a son too so he does get to do the boy stuff as well. But he’s no stranger to princess tea parties and Frozen.

So sweet!

We have the opposite around here- I’m very much a girly girl and we have three boys! It’s amazing how easy it is to adapt for your kids, though.

What a beautiful post. I often wondered how it much be for Dads with just daughters when they are manly men! lol So beautiful though and touching they can relate to this and be close still. Love the photo in the window! Beautiful. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme